Monday, May 4, 2020

Buying a House is Stressful

We have been under contract on the house in Fairburn, GA for almost 2 months. Due to COVID-19 things have been kind of slow and weird and some other things have come up while purchasing our first home that has made things more difficult than they need to be, our realtor says we seem to be experiencing everything that could go wrong while buying a home and I believe him. I mean, the seller's agent just quit or was let go. It's a mess. We should be closing in 2 days and we are more than ready, but I'm concerned it's going to be pushed back more. We were supposed to have already closed on April 20th. I just never realized it would be such a long process.

So, I'm going to focus {again} on the qualities of the house that make being calm and patient worth it!

1. I LOVE that it has 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths!!!
2. I get my very own room to be my studio and Ryan gets his own office!
3. We have a basement living area which will let us have so much more room for activities! {as they say in Step Brothers, the best movie of all time} I hope to put a TV in that area and a small couch. I'd also like to get an elliptical for daily exercise.
4. It has a completely updated kitchen and a gas stove which I hear is the best kind of stove! It also has a lot of cabinet space for storage! I could really use a place to put kitchen gadgets and appliances that are too big for the countertop.
5. t backs up to a creek! I love creeks so much, but I do have a concern there will be snakes and I really don't want to deal with snakes. I really don't want one to bite my dogs...or eat my chihuahua.

I know this house will be worth it. I just know it! I can see myself living a long time in Georgia, Fairburn especially, I just hope everything works out on the lender's end and that the sellers don't back out. We are so close!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment