Saturday, April 18, 2020

We Are Buying a Home!

We have been packing and trying to go through all of our things {which has been ridiculous} and dealing with underwriters, but we found the house we want to live in! We are moving to Fairburn into a nice large split level home off a main street in the downtown area. It's perfect in every way in my eyes. It has 5 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms, and it's all updated. In the basement, it has 2 bedrooms, one which I will dedicate to my art studio. I'm so excited I will have a whole room dedicated to my work!




Some great things I love about this home are
1. It is located on the same street as the library! I can literally walk or ride my bike to the library to pick up books or movies at any time. It's a nice little library, and the street we are on isn't crowded so I'll feel safe going there without a car and on my own.
2. It's really close to the post office. Similar to the library, it's on a quiet street and walking or biking distance and I can mail products from my Etsy shop to customers easier than ever. Where we are currently in Atlanta, there's no easily accessible post office to ship things so add that to my small working space, and being self-employed is a whole lot harder than it needs to be.
3. Downtown Fairburn has festivals and is home to an annual state renaissance festival that I can't wait to attend next year.
4. We have a creek in our backyard and creeks are awesome. Need I say more?
5. the downtown area boasts at least 3 large antique stores that I'm going to look into to sell my art and soaps. I, at the very least, would like to look into selling some of the jewelry collection that I've acquired over the years. I have a huge collection of rings and not enough fingers; I may have an addiction. I'd like to sell off some of the pieces I have no attachment to and invest in some higher quality pieces I can wear all the time.

If all goes well, we still have a few more weeks before we move, but it can't come soon enough!

xo,
a|s

No comments:

Post a Comment